ALONG THE ANDES captures the essence of the inspirational Cordillera de los Andes, the world's longest mountain range, and the vibrant cultures that thrive in its shadows. Highlights include:
* Coca chewing natives of the KU-GU-BAA tribe.
* The lost city of Ciudad Perdida.
* Wedding rituals of the Guajira Indians.
* The mayhem of the Carnival de Barranquilla.
* The bullfighters of Bogota.
* Oyster diving children of the Siennega Grande de Santa Marta.
* Colourful coffee bean harvesters.
* The largest historic walled city in South America.
* Donkey powered brick makers.
* Ride the Hell train across Ecuador.
* Snow on the equator as we climb Cotapaxi and visit the equatorial monument.
* The Guinea Pig eaters of Banos.
* Trek to Machhu Pichu.
* Colourful celebrations in Cuzco.
Re-living the opening lines:
From its snow covered Volcanoes on the equator, to its mammoth spires, the Andes represent one of the world's great landmarks... and a challenge to all who dare to travel its mysterious trails.
That's a challenge we're about to take up with a vengeance.